Saturday 4 December 2010

CHRISTMAS SALT DOUGH - THIS WEEKS OBSESSION

Well as have said before I have a love for salt dough

This is the first batch that Liam and I made last week on a snow day....

 We used cookie cutters and some of my stamps, and a set of letter stamp Liam's had for years.

Last year I used acrylic paints to dye the dough (to messy), also we painted some after baking.

This year I have used food colouring and love the result,
mix it in the water before adding to salt and flour,use warm water as it dissolves the salt and





 I will take some more photo's as you can't see the details.

We are having a friend around this weekend for another sitting.














Salt dough recipe:
(cup = any tea /coffee cup you have as long as you use the same size for flour, salt and water)

2 cups of plain flour
1 cup of salt
1 cup of warm water (plus food colouring)


This makes lots!!!
but you can half the quantities if you want to make more than one colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what do you think?