Monday 9 April 2012

Easter Cookies Inspiration

Well as I said yesterday I have been atempting cookie decorating...

It was not a very sucessful attempt but will have another go tonight, so no photo's sorry.


but here is some inspiration I found...






There are lot's of adorable cookie cutters around, and some from only a pound...










I have been using this recipe from Sweet Sugar Belle as it is so easy, she also has lots of tips to help you along the way.
(and she very kindly adapted the recipe for UK use)

Ingredients


■227 grams unsalted butter
■175 grams confectioner’s {icing} sugar
■1 egg {room temperature}
■1.5-3 teaspoons extract or emulsion {any flavor}
■1 teaspoon salt
■2 teaspoons baking powder
■400-425 grams all-purpose flour

Instructions

1.Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and extract and mix well. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt, add to wet mixture little by little until well incorporated. Roll and cut cookies into desired shapes, dusting with flour as necessary. Bake cookies at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes until tops are appear dry rather than shiny. Do not brown.

2.This recipe will produce two to two and a half dozen medium sized cookies.

Copyright © 2010-2011 Sweet Sugarbelle.





Sweet Sugar Belle has icing tutorials on outlining and flooding your cookies and lots more!



I think I a going to go with Sweet Sugar Belle's 20 second icing (the video tutorials are fab) which seems alot simpler!!! Find the recipe here.

We'll have to see!!!



I have also found this filling the piping bag information invaluable from Here

Trust me after trying to clean out all your piping bags you will want to do it this way.
I found out the hard way!

I have to go get more supplies
Once I can do it alittle better (with less mess LOL) I will let Liam loose too?

Have fun with your family this Easter!!!


Vonnie

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what do you think?