Tuesday 28 September 2010

KITE MAKING / FLYING


KITE MAKING / FLYING

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"With tuppence for paper and strings
You can have your own set of wings
With your feet on the ground
You're a bird in a flight
With your fist holding tight
To the string of your kite

Oh, oh, oh!
Let's go fly a kite
                              Up to the highest height!
                                Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring
                                    Up through the atmosphere
                                     Up where the air is clear
                                     Oh, let's go fly a kite!

                                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorry I couldn't resist it was going round my head. LOL


We have decided our kite of at least six years "nessie" is far to easy now. She is a single line kite with a whopping 6m tail, and really easy to fly.
So we are going to make a sled kite from one of the two kite books I found in the charity shop (I have had these for years just waiting to have a go)




Spirit of Air Rainbow Sled Parafoil Kite



Like I have said, we are using instructions from a book, but this sites instructions are very similar.
But I am planning on using the heavy duty clear plastic sheeting from the local DIY store, and drawing our designs on the plastic sheeting with permanent marker pens.




I will post some pics after the weekend.
I do hope it's windy this weekend. LOL




There are afew kite festivals listed on here you could go to.
(check out the events list page)
There are kite days at some National Trust properties too.





Have fun with your family!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what do you think?