Monday 15 November 2010

MARIO BIRTHDAY PARTY

A great theme for a boys birthday party theme (Nintendo Ds / Wii)
(indoor / winter party)



INVITATIONS

I made this DS invitation and the kids loved them


from HERE



and printed the party details onto the screens along with a clip art images of Mario.



DECORATIONS


Paint terracotta plant pots green (the Pipes in the games) and use for bowls for crisps etc on the table.



The Boo's were white balloons with face drawn in permanent pen with cones of paper stuck onto the sides.

COSTUMES
I think these are fab, free pattern available from FROM GIVERS LOG
You could make green Luigi ones also and have two teams for games.
or
 buy red and green baseball caps and glue felt symbols on the front/

and use black face paint for Mario moustaches


Mario costume
photo source


Toad Costume

behemothgaming
where you can also find costume instructions for
Mario and Luigi

Princess Peach
Goomba




FOOD




CUPCAKES

from here
Toads cupcakes can be made in various colours use white chocolate buttons for the spots.

I am not too keen on iced cookies but I love these coloured dough cookies

I love these Mushroom cake pops in green pipes...

Cute as a fox

photo source


and just look at this fab DIY cupcake stand from

from Let's Party


instructions to make your own from here

Now you can make your own for any theme!!!

Here's where you'll find various Mario figures.

free cupcake picks for your personal use...
from HERE


GAMES


I came across this great Yoshi egg smash game   from cool party.


 and they are really easy to make



Yoshi Egg Smash Birthday Party Game

 This game was simple and lots of fun!
Each child chose a Party Egg, and took turns smashing/throwing the egg at a simple target I put on the wall. If the egg broke open to reveal a golden star, then that child won a prize!
The kids really found this game to be exciting mostly because they got to smash something
and maybe even win a prize for doing so.
Learn how to make these cute Yoshi eggs yourself.
 this game is definitely recommended as an outdoor game,
between the confetti and the smashed egg shells it makes for a small "fun" mess.
or
A Yoshi egg hunt paint green spot on white polystyrene eggs.

Use the green pipes (see above) for jam jar ping pong write points on each pipe.

We also played adapted versions of the mini games.

Bean Bag Toss

photo source

bean bags...




BIRTHDAY CAKE

Well here's the WOW cake!!!


I believe it was made by  Let Them Eat Cake
photo source here which has lots of close up photo's


this is my limits and I would use a toy car as cake topper.



FAVOURS / FAVORS

set up on a table with game over sign


photo source


free printable for personal use HERE


don't forget your chocolate gold coins

from HERE


free printable Mario Thank You tags
for personal use ...
from HERE




Mario (chocolate) moustache's

I love the game over tags...





I have since found these cuties (free printable's) which you could fill with goodies.
with a little adaption by adding a base to them.


PHOTO BOOTH





THANKS YOUS

We had a group photo of all the Mario and Luigi's.


CLIP ART

You'll find some great free clip art here to use for decorations and banners reduce in size for cupcake picks









16 comments:

  1. great party! I love all the details you brought to life!

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you find the mario and luigi favor box free printables? im having my son a turning 5 bday party and would love to find these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi you can right click on the template and save to your computer (resize to what you need click on "Cube template from here" for link.
    Hope you have a fab party, I'd love to see some pics and I will post.
    Vonnie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Such cute ideas! Did you make the cupcakes yourself? I would love any more details about those (the "scene" cupcakes and/or the mushroom).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alicia
    Unfortunately I didn't make the cupcakes and the link I got them from isn't there anymore. The details are made from shaped icing and an edible pen. Cut out your picture on greaseproof paper, place on the rolled out icing and cut round with a sharp knife The mushroom cupcakes I would use red buttercream and white chocolate buttons. I sure you can do it, send me some pics if you have a go. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you please post instructions on how to make the Yoshi eggs? I cannot find them anywhere! I want to make them for my daughter's Mario party next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi jenagain
    if you click on the word "this" it will take you to the instructions. have a fab party Vonnie X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot, my nieces will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was hoping you could tell me where you found the star shaped bean bags? I can't find them anywhere! Please help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi With Love Me, sorry can not find the link will post it if I find it. I would make them myself. Would be easy to make from felt. sorry I'm not much help.

      Vonnie X

      Delete
  10. I have been trying to see how to make the yoshi eggs. It wont let me access it. Could you just give me a basic idea? I love your blog! Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did u make the piranha plant bowls? They look amazing,Great party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where did you get the large Mario figurine at the top of cupcake tower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I have uploaded a link where you can buy various Mario figures.
      Vonnie x

      Delete
  13. Merci pour vos bonnes idées !
    En France il n y a rien sur ce theme d anniversaire. Mon fils de 4ans a choisi ce theme pour son anniversaire, donc je vais faire le jeu du yoshi eggs smash ! Encore merci

    Thanks for your ideas !

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what do you think?